The membership elections for the Los Angeles County Democratic Party (also known as the Los Angeles County Democratic Central Committee) will be held on the Primary Election ballot on Tuesday, June 5, 2012, and will be conducted by the LA County Registrar of Voters.
LACDP is the official governing body of the Democratic Party in the County of Los Angeles and is the largest local Democratic Party entity in the United States, representing over 2.23 million registered Democrats in the 88 cities and the unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County – a population larger than 42 other states.
Candidate filing for the LACDP election is currently underway. Democrats in each Assembly District will elect seven (7) members to the LACDP from each of the 24 Assembly Districts in Los Angeles County.
The candidate filing period began last week and will end on Friday, March 9, at 5:00 PM. In order to run to be a member of LACDP, you must:
- Be a registered Democrat at the time nomination papers are issued;
- Be a resident of the Assembly District in which you are running and be registered to vote in that district;
- Apply for nomination papers and pick them up at the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s Office: 12400 Imperial Highway, Second Floor, Norwalk, CA;
- Collect 20 to 40 nomination signatures from Democrats registered in your Assembly District; and
- Return to Norwalk to file your nomination papers and signatures by Friday, March 9, at 5:00 PM with the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s Office: 12400 Imperial Highway, Second Floor, Norwalk, CA.
You can expedite picking up your nomination paperwork by applying to run online at the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s website by clicking here. However, you will still need to pick up your nomination papers and petition in person, in order to collect nomination signatures.
For more information regarding candidate filing, click here to view the Party Central Committee Qualifications and Nomination Filing Schedule, or contact the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s Election Planning and Coordination Section at 562-462-2317.
If you have any questions regarding the Los Angeles County Democratic Party, please contact our office at 213-382-0063 or email@example.com.