Membership on the Los Angeles County Democratic Central Committee, also known as the Los Angeles County Democratic Party (LACDP), is determined by the By-Laws of LACDP. These members make up the official governing body of the Democratic Party in Los Angeles County.
If you have any questions or if you need assistance, please contact the LACDP office at 213.382.0063.
Annual membership dues are payable in July of each year. Click here to pay annual membership dues for July 2015-June 2016.
Click here to download a Membership Dues Form (If you do not wish to pay online)
Click here for more information on the duties of LACDP members.
Elected – Seven members are elected from each Assembly District of Los Angeles County during Presidential primary elections
Appointed – Members may be appointed to fill a vacancy to one of the seven elected seats in an Assembly District
Ex-Officio – Those who serve on LACDP by the virtue of holding another office. If registered as a Democrat in Los Angeles County, includes:
– Incumbent officeholders for offices referenced in Article II. Section 2 (a) of the California Democratic Party By-Laws:
Secretary of State
Superintendent of Public Instruction
Members of the State Board of Equalization
Members of the State Legislature
Members of the United States Senate and the House of Representatives from California
– The most recent Highest Finishing Democrat in the last general election for those offices referenced above
– Statewide Chairs or Presidents of official or chartered statewide Democratic Party Organizations
– Members of the Democratic National Committee
– State Officers of the California Democratic Party
– Assembly District Representatives to the Executive Board of the California Democratic Party, and
– The Chair of LACDP at the expiration of the immediately preceding term of office for elected members
Alternate – Any Regular Member in good standing (Elected, Appointed, or Ex-Officio) may appoint an Alternate Member, subject to the approval of LACDP, who serves at the member’s pleasure.
An Alternate Member for an Elected or Appointed Member must reside in the same Assembly District. An Alternate Member for an Ex-Officio Member must reside in that political subdivision of Los Angeles County which the appointing member represents.
An Alternate Member has right of voice and motion at meetings of This Committee even if the appointing member is present but may vote only in the absence of that member.
Associate – A Democratic club chartered by LACDP may designate an Associate Member. The LACDP Chair may also nominate Associate Members. The designations/nominations are subject to ratification of the LACDP Policy Committee. They are nonvoting members.
Please note that with the exception of appointments for the Organizational Meeting, the Alternate Appointment Form is due at least fifteen (15) days prior to each LACDP monthly meeting.