The membership election for the 2020-2024 Los Angeles County Democratic Party (LACDP), also known as the Los Angeles County Democratic Central Committee) will be held on the 2020 Presidential Primary Election ballot on Tuesday, March 3, 2020. It will be conducted by the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk.
LACDP is the official governing body of the Democratic Party in the County of Los Angeles and is the largest local Democratic Party entity in the United States, representing nearly 2.7 million registered Democrats in the 88 cities and the unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County – a population larger than 43 individual states.
The candidate filing period for the LACDP election begins Friday, September 27, 2019 and ends on Friday, December 6, 2019, at 5:00 PM. Democrats in each Assembly District will elect seven (7) members to the LACDP from each of the 24 Assembly Districts in Los Angeles County.
In order to run to be a member of LACDP, you must:
- Be a registered Democrat on or before September 6, 2019;
- Be a resident of the Assembly District in which you are running and be registered to vote in that district;
- Obtain nomination papers at the Office of the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk: 12400 Imperial Highway, Second Floor, Norwalk, CA 90650;
- Collect 20 to 40 nomination signatures from Democrats registered in your Assembly District; and
- File your nomination papers and signatures by Friday, December 6, 2019, at 5:00 PM at the Office of the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk: 12400 Imperial Highway, Second Floor, Norwalk, CA 90650.
- Click here to view the filing schedule.
- Click here to complete the Candidate Registration & Qualification Form online.
- Note: After completing the Candidate Registration & Qualification Form online, you will still need to visit the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk to pick up your nomination papers. If you are unable to go, you can authorize someone to pick-up/or file for you (click here for form).
For more information regarding candidate filing, contact the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s Election Planning and Coordination Section at 562-462-2317. Click here to visit the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk’s page on the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election. If you have any questions regarding the Los Angeles County Democratic Party, please contact our office at 213-382-0063 | firstname.lastname@example.org.