The path to Democratic victory in California is simple – If we vote, we win. If Democrats are to build on the success of recent elections, we need you to be registered to vote and also register your family and friends.
You probably have already heard that online voter registration is now available in California.
But I’ll bet you didn’t know that you can also register online to become a Permanent Vote-By-Mail Voter at the same time. Or if you’re already registered, you can re-register online to become a Vote-By-Mail Voter.
Even a small increase in Democrats voting by mail will help us build upon our Democratic Super-Majority in the legislature, re-elect Governor Brown, Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom and Attorney General Kamala Harris and win the local battles in LA that affect our everyday lives so much.
And don’t forget you get to vote from the comfort of your own home!
To register to vote, and re-register to vote by mail, Click here.
But WAIT! Please follow this important step while registering to avoid the lines at the polls and become a Permanent Vote-By-Mail Voter:
To register online to vote by mail:
1) Make sure you check yes for the question “Would you like to receive a vote-by-mail ballot in all elections?”
Complete the form and your local Registrar will mail you your ballot for future elections. Now that you’ve saved so much time voting by mail, take a moment to Like Us on Facebook and Follow Us on Twitter!
If you prefer to mail in your voter registration form, you will need:
- Your California driver license or identification number, if you have one, or the last four digits of your social security number, if you have one. If you do not have any of these numbers, the state will assign you a unique identification number.
- A printer so you can print the voter registration form, sign it, and mail it to your county elections official.
Please do NOT use this form to register or re-register to vote if:
- You are enrolled in a confidential address program such as Safe at Home. To register to vote confidentially, contact the Safe at Home program toll-free at (877) 322-5227 or email@example.com.
- You are in the military or living or studying abroad. To register to vote, you must use a different form, which can be found on the Secretary of State’s Military and Overseas Voter Information web page.