What you need to know to submit a resolution:
- Resolutions must be submitted by a member of the County Committee or by an organization chartered by the Los Angeles County Democratic Party.
- Resolutions must be submitted five days before the Resolutions Committee meeting held on the first Tuesday of each month (unless otherwise noted).
- Proponents and authors of the resolution are welcome to attend the meeting and will have an opportunity to speak on behalf of their resolution.
- Additional background information or source materials must be submitted to support statements of facts made in the resolution.
Things a Resolution Cannot do:
- Endorse a candidate
- Propose legislation
- Support a ballot measure
- Call for changes in our bylaws or rules
- Speak for other organizations or groups
- Be overly complex
Click here for more information on submitting a resolution for consideration.