Submitting a Resolution?
What you need to know to submit a resolution:
- Resolutions must be submitted by a member of the County Committee or by an organization chartered by the Los Angeles County Democratic Party.
- Resolutions must be submitted five days before the Resolutions Committee meeting held on the first Tuesday of each month (unless otherwise noted).
- Proponents and authors of the resolution are welcome to attend the meeting and will have an opportunity to speak on behalf of their resolution.
- Additional background information or source materials must be submitted to support statements of facts made in the resolution.
- No more than 400 words, including the title.
Things a Resolution Cannot do:
- Endorse a candidate
- Propose legislation
- Support a ballot measure
- Call for changes in our bylaws or rules
- Speak for other organizations or groups
- Be overly complex
Resolutions that have not been considered by the Resolutions Committee due to time restraints, require 25 signatures from 5 separate assembly districts. To receive a form, please email Drexel at d[email protected]
Your email must include:
- Assembly District
- Email Address
- Title of Resolution
- Text of Resolution